KOCHI METRO RAIL - AN INFORMATIONAL WEBSITE
- ticket title
- Kakkanad metro realignment unscientific, says activity board
- Kakkanad route ‘fixed’ by vested interests
- Heat Slows Down Metro Work in Kochi
- Metro girder dispatch up to Palarivattom completed
- Work on Metro’s Tripunithura extension to start soon
- DMRC procures new contractual workers to quick track metro work
- Collector gives clean chit in Seematti Case
- Kochi Metro trial keep running on March 21
- Kochi Metro Rail Ltd looks for Contamination Report from DMRC
- Kochi Metro Pillars reduce the Road Width
- Unemployed Candidates Duped by using name of Fake Recruitment of Kochi Metro
- Hi-technology Signal System for Better Safety and Capacity
- DMRC is going to Install more Metal Detectors to Secure Stations
- Kochi Metro to sign Rs.741 Crore credit loan agreement with German Bank KfW by mid-March
- 100 Electric Buses introduce to feed Kochi Metro Passengers
Kochi Metro Rail Parking Charges
Less than 10 of the 22 stations proposed for the Kochi metro rail will have parking areas close by. The choice was taken because of the restrictive expense of area procurement along the metro’s arrangement from Aluva to Pettah. Just unmistakable stations situated close intersections will have parking garages, some of which might be multi-level parcels. This will lessen the measure of the area to be gained for the metro. The terminal stations — Aluva and Pettah — will have significant parking garages connected. The choice comes in the wake of a joint review of the station regions made as of late by District Collector P.I. Sheik Pareed, Kochi Metro Rail Limited overseeing executive Elias George and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s Kochi venture Chief P. Sriram.
The KMRL depended on Cochin University of Science and Technology with the errand of doing an overview, taking after which it had been chosen to have parking areas neighboring all stations. Multi-level parking garages for all stations are not off the table yet. These might be set up with private cooperation.
Feeder transports from stations are relied upon to associate the metro with different methods of transport, with regards to the Union Urban Development Ministry’s arrangement to have a consistent combination of transport modes — metro, transport, water and railroad. The KMRL means to guarantee this at significant focuses like Vyttila and Edappally.
Utilizing empty area for Kochi Metro Rail Parking Zone
Some metro stations will be moved by a couple meters to make ideal utilization of empty and “Puram boke” lands in the region. The object is to diminish the quantity of structures that must be devastated. “Puramboke” terrains will likewise be utilized to restore merchants and other people who surrender their territory for the metro, sources said. A report and draw arranged by the DMRC on the reexamined arrangement will be given over to Mr. George in the not so distant future. This will give an unmistakable photo of the aggregate territory of the area required for the task.
On the proposition to extend limited extends off the Aluva-Edappally NH, sources in the KMRL said Mr. George would meet NHAI authorities in New Delhi one week from now and hand over the proposition. Around 1.7 hectares of area is required for this.
Coordinated endeavors Guard Minister A.K. Antony said there were a few snags to the usage of the Kochi metro rail and purposeful endeavors would be required to overcome them. Interfacing with the media on his landing in the city on Monday evening, Mr. Antony said he had been doing what he could for the effective usage of the venture.